Wednesday, March 01, 2017

Make-Up Free Celebrities - Is This Really News?




I'm a beauty blogger, which means you can confidently assume that I like beauty products. Well, I do; a lot. For a few years I used make-up as a blanket, trying to cover up my face. As I've gotten older, and even more into make-up, I've become more confident without it. This is definitely down to me growing up and learning to be confident in my own skin - I mean, this is my face, and unless I pay a plastic surgeon loads of dosh, it ain't changing any time soon. 

What worries me is that you constantly see in magazines, online media outlets and on social media a picture of a celebrity without make-up or looking less than perfect, and the attention it gets is massive and down right derogatory. Lots of this I see being shared by friends on Facebook, mainly women, declaring "oh, look they are just like us!". Yes they are; women! Beautiful women!

As a society we have taught ourselves and others that women's face's look strange without a coat of make-up on it. The moral is, women are women even without make-up (I know, hard to believe, right?). You are just as much a woman if you haven't touched a lippy in 6 years, compared to your friend who has 256 different shades of 'nude'. 

"You only wear make-up to get attention"
"You must be ugly if you wear make-up"
"Men must be the most attractive sex as they don't have to wear make-up"

You've probably heard these at some point, and quite frankly, they're horse shit. Whether you decide to wear make-up or not, and for whatever reason you wear it, don't let anyone shame you for your choice. 


Like what you read? Follow me on BlogLovin' to keep updated with all my posts
bloglovin symbol
Not on BlogLovin'? Drop me a follow!

1 comment:

  1. Such a lovely article! I always feel 'incomplete' next to people living the stereotypical student lifestyle, something of a prude because I'm not drinking and partying; it feels so sucky! I've learnt that categorising people just makes me feel sad and I am learning to see everyone as individuals, without the label of age or gender or anything :D I love your blog! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara (P.S we should absolutely follow each other on bloglovin or instagram haha :D xx)

    ReplyDelete