Wednesday, February 15, 2017

The Blogger Behind the Blog: My Unpopular Opinions



There was this trend on Twitter a few weeks ago, where people were listing their 'unpopular' opinions. It was really fun to see, so I thought I'd put it into a post so you guys can get to know me a little better. 

1. I love the smell of cigarette smoke, petrol, burnt out fire and... a sweaty man.
I *think* a lot of people have a sneaky love for the smell of smoke and petrol, its the last one I think most people will say, WTF? Well, there's definitely science behind it - its called androstenol and triggers sexual attraction in females. See! I'm not totally bonkers. Also can I clarify it's not all sweaty men, it's a man in particular. 

2. I've never watched Harry Potter.
I've lived with somebody who is Harry Potter crazy for 3 years, and have still managed to dodge it. However, I have booked to go to Florida in October 2017, so I shall be doing my research ready for the Harry Potter section in Universal Studios (to my dismay).

3. I like my tea as pale as me.
Honestly, the milkier the better. I like it looking like milk with a bit of tea in it. 

4. I don't own anything Pandora, and really dislike the charm bracelets.
I don't know why, but I really dislike them. Their other jewellery is beautiful, but the charm bracelets are everywhere, and I feel like I can't escape them never mind having one on my wrist!

5. I couldn't think of anything worse than having to watch Game Of Thrones.
There's definitely a theme developing here; I hate fantasy. Especially this kind of fantasy, where its all dark and there are things that could eat you. That just stresses me out and why would I want to spend my day that way? Cinderella, any one?

6. Real life new versions of Disney Classics annoys me.
They are fine the way they are, great even. Leave them be, stop making them into real-life characters!

7. I love most reality TV shows.
I know, it's awful TV, but it is so addictive. Whether it's TOWIE, Made in Chelsea, Keeping Up with the Kardashians or Rob & Chyna; I'm in.

8. I hate taking time off from work.
Work helps me focus and keeps me feeling productive. When I'm not in work, my motivation slacks, my anxiety flares up, and my sleeping pattern falls back into it's old routine. Give me a nice steady routine any day (although I still have to drag myself out of bed every morning).

9. I dislike cats.
They shed fur, hiss at you, scram, play with mice and are quite simply rude. 

10. I really didn't like Nars Sheer Glow.
I had it on my wish list for so long, and had read so many amazing reviews. I finally bought it and I've used it about 6/7 times. It's currently gathering dust at the back of my make-up draw. 

What are some of your unpopular opinions?


Like what you read? Follow me on BlogLovin' to keep updated with all my posts
bloglovin symbol
Not on BlogLovin'? Drop me a follow!

1 comment:

  1. This post is surely one for scholars to analyze. Though the post is wonderful, it showcases a theme of intolerance amongst the masses for the opinions of people like the writer. So the writer has created her own world of acceptance.

    ReplyDelete