Wednesday, November 09, 2016

My Top 5 Make-Up Products



 We all have our go-to beauty products, right? Here are my top 5 of all time make-up products! There's loads more I could have put in my list, but these all have something a little extra special about them, and work wonders on my ivory skin.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit

I was very lucky that my boyfriend did some research on make-up for my birthday and bought my Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Palette in Gleam. Honestly, I love it. The packaging is beautiful, the colours are beautiful, and it applies beautifully. My ultimate fave is Moondust (and I imagine it's most peoples favourite). 


Nyx Micro Brow Pencil

Known as the dupe for ABH Brow Wiz, this little thing is a God-send. With a nifty little spoolie on one end, and a twist and go nib on the other, this is perfect for on the go. I have this in two colours to make my eyebrows really pop, and because the nib is so thin, it goes on a dream and with a lot of precision. 

Vichy Dermablend

I've searched long and hard for a foundation that has very high coverage, but isn't cakey (haven't we all). Another ask for me is for it to be as light as possible to match my ivory skintone. Unfortunately, Vichy's lighted foundation is a little dark, but that's where my Body Shop Lightening Drops come in to play. These both together make my go-to foundation, day in, day out. I bought Nars Sheer Glow at the same time, and my Nars foundation has hardly been used. There's just no comparison! It's also an absolute steal for what you get.


Urban Decay Concealer

Fellow palies (pale people)  will understand just how difficult it is to get a foundation that matches your skintone (read above), nevermind getting a concealer, which generally, people want to be a little lighter than their skin. I ordered this off the internet, so just ordered the lightest one they did, and didn't really hold my breath.  I thought if worse comes to worse, I can keep it for when I have fake tan on. To my pleasant surprise, this concealer is slightly lighter than my skin tone and is just an amazing product. I have dark circles under my eyes, and this on its own manages to cover it!


Body Shop Lightening Drops

I touched on this little beauty above, but it definitely  deserved to be named all by itself! I know other companies do lightening drops, but I only knew this was a thing when Body Shop released theirs. This has absolutely saved my life and again, I use this every single day.  It also doubles as a highlighter - aces!

What are your make-up must haves?


Like what you read? Follow me on BlogLovin' to keep updated with all my posts
bloglovin symbol
Not on BlogLovin'? Drop me a follow!


2 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to try dermablend for ages, it sounds amazing! Lovely post too!
    Christy x
    Stylerarebit.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love my lightening drops! Godsend! I hear many good things about the Vichy Dermablend... I'm gonna have to get some! xx
    www.cutepandaa.co.uk

    ReplyDelete