Tuesday, August 18, 2015

A Hidden Gem: Jaspers Tea Room, Llandaff



It was my birthday and I wanted cake. Plain and simple. Not plain and simple cake, though. My wonderful friends surprised me with a car full of balloons and a face full of silly string. Lucky I love them, right?


I've wanted to go for Afternoon Tea for ages, and I thought the celebration of me was the perfect excuse. We were going to use Groupon as there were loads of deals on there but, problem - there are three of us and the offers were for two or four people - sad times. Instead we just got in the car (albeit, slotting ourselves around balloons, party hats & presents) and drove around Cardiff until we found somewhere.





Success! We had driven to the lovely village; ahem, sorry - city of Llandaff and found this absolute GEM! It was quite surreal driving through the city then finding a (somewhat) village within a city - within a bloody city! The scene was absolutely breathtaking. We drove around the corner expecting to come to a dead end but instead found the heart of Llandaff.


The Tea Rooms are situated right behind the Cathedral, and my oh my is it picturesque! The Tea Rooms are situated in a cute little old building. It has a sort of church feel to it and everyone was really friendly! We passed the cakes on the way in, and we were sold.


The prices were really good, and after looking at some of the prices on other venues in Cardiff I was expecting to pay around £20 for just the tea and cakes. I had a pot of tea, selection of cakes and a panini for just over £12! Really good! Especially considering the size and quantity of the cakes we had. All of the cakes are homemade and you can definitely taste the difference too.


There is such a community feel to your surroundings here, and to be honest, with the setting outside, you'd never guess you were sitting not too far away from the hustle and bustle of the city centre. It was like we had a mini trip away!


After tea we went for a little stroll through the village. There was Mass in the Cathedral and they had the doors open. It was honestly so foreign compared to the Cardiff we're used to!


All in all; a worthwhile trip, and definitely one to add to my 'Hidden Gem' list. I'll definitely be back.


Like what you read? Follow me on BlogLovin' to keep updated with all my posts

bloglovin symbol

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely birthday treat! That food looks amazing! It sounds like you had a lovely time x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cakes look stunning! I'm always on the lookout for somewhere different to eat, will definitely try this place out next time we are in the area :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been ages since I visited Cardiff, this tea room might just tempt me back sooner than planned.

    ReplyDelete