Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Hitting Redundancy Head On




If you read my last post, you'd know I was recently told I was being made Redundant. Hit: PANIC BUTTON. For the normal person, they would probably have panicked. Having an anxiety disorder only made the ordeal worse. Took me a couple of days to get my head around things, but the new week came, and I decided to take it head on. 

I began mopping up my CV, updating my LinkedIn profile and signing up to various recruitment websites. Things came and went, some stuff I was interested, others not so much. What was really important for me was to keep something that I could focus on outside of work. Work helps me massively when I'm feeling anxious, and often I can leave my anxiety at the door (if it isn't a work problem). However as the anxiety was triggered directly from work, the focus point became extremely important! 

Then, bam! I found it. The PERFECT job. Luckily enough for me I already had a couple of connections there and knew the company well - but it involved a location change; to London. I managed to bag the job, and I've never been so proud of myself. It's a massive change, but something I'm sure I'll thank myself for in many years to come. 

So I'm here and I am so glad I took redundancy head on. It would have been really easy for me to curl up and stay put until the end which was February, collect my redundancy and find myself just another 'job'. But the thought of just getting a 'job' terrified me. I think I have a bit of performance anxiety, too! I'm now on a London journey, I have lots to explore and lots to learn but I am so looking forward to it. For anyone questioning whether to take the plunge - do it, you literally only live once (sorry so cliche but it fit). 


Something I've found a lifesaver on my very short time at London... speak to people who have been here for years, they know the best stuff. Oh, and also - download Citymapper, Uber and Dojo!

That's it for now, but I'll be back soon. 



Like what you read? Follow me on BlogLovin' to keep updated with all my posts
bloglovin symbol
Not on BlogLovin'? Drop me a follow!

1 comment:

  1. Couldn't keep up with your blogs for few weeks so the redundancy news shocked me to the core but I am glad you found a job that you absolutely love. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete