Monday, October 19, 2015

Too Faced - Better Than Sex Mascara



I'm the type of person who has spent years looking for each of my individual make-up products. I don't stick with a particular brand, I don't have a fave (although, some come quite close!). I have a total mix of brands in my make-up draw. It's an uphill battle for foundation still, but that's for another blog post! 


I found my primary mascara a few years ago now, and once I've found the one, I hardly ever budge. I mean, it takes ages to find the exact one that suits you individually. As we all know - what works for one, doesn't necessarily work for the other. The adverts may be fancy, the products may look glam, but you have to try it for yourself to see if it fits in with you. 

Better Than Sex by Too Faced. Lets give this a go and see if it becomes the new staple piece in my make-up bag!

My go to mascara is Max Factor's False Lash Effect. I have naturally quite long eyelashes, but they're really light - especially the tips. I get this in black, and it does add that false lash effect and this is definitely one of the staple pieces in my make-up bag.

I've heard a lot of Too Faced's Better Than Sex mascara* recently, and now I'm going to try this bad boy out. Let's see if this can deviate me out of my norm, shall we?


Better Than Sex by Too Faced. Lets give this a go and see if it becomes the new staple piece in my make-up bag!

What's different about Better Than Sex?


Well, firstly, the brush is in the shape of an hour glass. It's shaped this way to allow the brush to coat and curl each lash to give it that full, defined, stretched-to-unbelievable lengths look. 

It has collagen-fueled formula, which is smudge proof for an all day wear and contains acacia senegal tree extract which nourishes, thickens and locks the curls in place. 

Is this going to live up to it's big, massive, HUMONGOUS hype?! Lets take a looksie...

The Verdict


Right, so this did have big boots to fill -- I love my normal mascara. It filled them to the brim, and poured a little over the top. I went back to my Max Factor one after a few days of using Better Than Sex, and my eyes looked so much duller! I didn't realise the amount of work this bad boy does. After just a few coats there is significant difference. I haven't even done a proper session with the coating and applying as I really haven't felt the need to.

Better than sex mascara, does it really work?

Are There Any Downfalls?


The only things I do have to say, is it can clump on the end of the brush, which sometimes then splatters on to your face. So as long as you're removing this before applying - you're good to go. Another thing is it's a lot more difficult to remove every inch of it. Usually my micellar water completely removes every bit of makeup, but I seem to still have panda eyes in the morning with Better Than Sex!

However, there two little bumps definitely don't deviate from the wonders that is Better Than Sex.

And is it better than sex, I hear you cry? - I never kiss and tell!

Better than sex mascara, does it really work?



Like what you read? Follow me on BlogLovin' to keep updated with all my posts

bloglovin symbol

8 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this mascara, its my all time favourite xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this in a shop and was immediately drawn in my the name but assumed it couldn't possibly be true... May give this a try after your positive review though it's a little annoying that it doesn't always all come off!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a great mascara but the name is awful, I often wonder what makes brands pick such dreadful names.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too faced is one of my favourite brands...I haven't tried this though. I'll have to remedy that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard so many good things about this mascara, I'm definitely going to have to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard such good things about this mascara!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got given a too faced mascara that I will try after my Benefit mascara has run out I have heard great things about them and they really do make your eyes stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This title made me smile! I don't think j could link be without mascara! ;)

    ReplyDelete